To all the stock or near stock Mustang GT's

slowGT2k

Established Member
When you guys have run at a track (1/4 mile speaking) what gear are you guys in when you cross the finish? Because i have yet to take my car to the track, but i have gone a few times without a real 1/4 mile. And been in 4th gear in my runs, and wondering when the 1/4mile actually ended, gear speaking. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
slowGT2k said:
When you guys have run at a track (1/4 mile speaking) what gear are you guys in when you cross the finish? Because i have yet to take my car to the track, but i have gone a few times without a real 1/4 mile. And been in 4th gear in my runs, and wondering when the 1/4mile actually ended, gear speaking. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MOVED!:wf: :kaboom: :wf:

USE THE CORRECT DAMN FORUM

jfsram

Established Member
Many factors. Shift rpm, trap speed, tire diameter and gearing.

I have a 5L Fox. Stock except for a couple useless upgrades and 3.73's. I was shifting at 4800rpm but crossed the line at 102mph @5200rpm in 4rth.

Did not try throwing 5th, since I can't shift it as quick as the first 4 gears and I doubt it would be accelerating much in 5th anyways. So I just let it rev through the traps.

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
All my friends with the stock 3.27's would roll through at the very top of 3rd. Some of them would shift to 4th, but it made for worse e.t's. With 3.73's, most of them could still go through at the top of 3rd, which kept the car in its powerband.

Dynotune04

The Turtle
Established Member
3rd gear. you will be out of the powerband and close to redline but it would be worse if you shifted into 4th

Users who are viewing this thread