TN Red light Camera Question

openaccount

Established Member
Just got hit by one in Knoxville. Zoning out looking for a store, stupid mistake.

Question is, my address just changed and I have not updated it so the violation will be mailed to the wrong place. What do I do? Go in and pay it anyways? Or if you dont recieve it you dont pay it? Could I just play dumb and say I never got it and dont know why if I get called out on it in the future?

This is my first violation of ANY kind, and Im just wondering. For $50 I dont really want to risk bigger trouble and bigger fines if thats the penalty.

Thanks

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Just got hit by one in Knoxville. Zoning out looking for a store, stupid mistake.

Question is, my address just changed and I have not updated it so the violation will be mailed to the wrong place. What do I do? Go in and pay it anyways? Or if you dont recieve it you dont pay it? Could I just play dumb and say I never got it and dont know why if I get called out on it in the future?

This is my first violation of ANY kind, and Im just wondering. For $50 I dont really want to risk bigger trouble and bigger fines if thats the penalty.

Thanks

I dont think you would be "playing." Do you really think that defense is going to hold water, when it is clearly your responsibility to notify them of your address change?

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
Too bad you (zoned) out. Don't think for a minute that this will just away. It will come up when you least expect it. You will have a warrant for your arrest, double fines, bail money, towing of your car bills etc.

openaccount

Established Member
Yea, I did some more research and it states that in TN that if their is no reply that it is assumed to be purposefully ignored. So I guess ill just turn myself in and pay it. O well.

Users who are viewing this thread