TKO600 - Question/Help

01silverstang

Established Member
Need some help with a 96’ Cobra with QuickTime Bell housing and TKO600. When I first purchased the car the previous owner thought the transmission needed rebuilt. I discovered the firewall adjuster was installed backwards. I flipped it, and installed an OEM clutch cable… car drove and transmission shifted fine.

I drove it for a summer and towards the end, started to have issues shifting… realized the firewall adjuster was not holding position and the tension was causing it to screw back in. Ordered a UPR click adjuster and no problems.

From the beginning the throw out bearing chirped, I was able to improve it with firewall adjustment but it never fully went away. Over the course of the last week I’ve had to DD the Cobra while my daily is at the body shop. Today I noticed it was getting harder to shift into the next gear, and then at one point got a bad rattle with clutch depressed while downshifting to second. It ultimately got so bad it wouldn’t shift into any gear at idle. Quickly shut the car off and put it in first before starting it and limping it into a parking lot.

I’m assuming the throw out bearing is toast… so…

1. Can I remove the TKO from the QuickTime bell housing or does the bell housing need to come out too (long tube headers)?

2. What throw out bearing? Clutch fork? Input shaft sleeve? Etc. should I purchase and replace?

IMG_1054.jpeg
3B7C8CA9-8CF1-406F-8B68-9655AE0929BD.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread