Tires

0dsgvert3

Established Member
I know this has been posted and I have read every thread there is to read. Most of these threads come down to a debate between drag radials and the sizes. Well I have a set of wheels with some ET streets that I use at the track but I am looking for a decent tire to use while DDing the car. I have the stock chrome 17x9 wheels and wonder what everone runs for their street tires. I know most of you run the Nitto 555r's and those are what I had on my old 97 but I am wanting to stay away from the DR's since I have a dedicated stip wheel/tire.

I love the look of a wider tire on the cobras when they are lowered but I dont have the money to drop on the replica wheels right now. So I guess what I am looking for is your opinions on the best all around street tire and the size you suggest. thanks for your time :beer:

Jroc

Established Member
I would honestly suggest just going with the 555R's. Seriously its a great DD tire for these cars that can hook some decent power, and thats why their so popular. If you want a good street radial that won't break the bank I suggest some regular Nitto 555's. I am running Falken Azenis RT615's on my car.

If someone just offered me any street radials I wanted for free I would go with some Michilen Pilot PS2's.

Last edited:

Teethy

0S0SL0
Established Member
Just get the cheapest set of tires you can find for your rim. If you want to get something wider with a 10.5 inch rim down the road, no point in blowing your money now on a good street tire.

Users who are viewing this thread