Tires:Washington weather

svtcobras

www.htsracing.com
Established Member
Ok, I m in looking for tires that work well in Washington climate (rain) . I don't want really soft tires as they should have a reasonable wear life. Any suggestions?

Tylerb59

Established Member
Goodyear F1 GSD3 is perfect.

The only negative is the higher pricing but they're worth every penny for this area.

suprjagr

WHIPPLED 21LBS.
Established Member
I've go the best tires on my car for rain...Pirelli PZero Nero's 315x30x18 on back and 285x30x18 on front...handles awesome!

Last edited:

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Pirelli Nero Zero on fronts, Michelin Pilots out back. No problems at all. My 3rd season on them.

Last edited:

torquemonster

Established Member
note to self...drag radials hate rain....i've almost lost it 10 to many times on the highway cuz of the rain, i have to resort to backroads...:bash: :rolleyes:

99GTtony

Rain city stanger
Established Member
I'm running a 275/40 Fuzion on the back and a 245 Toyo Proxes on the front not an issue at all so far, not one time yet I have I felt the car loose contact with the road surface.

03CobraVertGrey

Screamin Banshee
Established Member
I would recommend a Honda Civic 4 door for rain tires. They grip great, no slidding and best of all, you don't even have to wash it. All the while, the Cobra hibernates for the Winter dreaming of Springtime and a Stage IV, tune and pulley. :D

saleen09

Slow A$$ Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
I am currently running the new BFG KDW NTD ( new tread design) and can't speak at all on how they handle in the rain ( Cobra has NEVER been) :)

I can speak to the F1GSD3 Tyler recommended, The bridgestone S03, Firestone SZ-50, and the Michelin Pilot Sports. All did VERY well in the rain, but none are cheap....

scooter5

Established Member
i had the goodyear gatorbacks on my 03 GT and they were great....
got the f1`s on the OH`4 have`nt had them in the rain yet...

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
my winter tires are BFG All Terrain 31x10.5x15 on my 01 Explorer Sport 4x4.. amazing how much better they are in the incliment weather than any tires I can get on the Cobra..

Users who are viewing this thread