Tires spinning when clutch pedal is all the way pressed? (adjusting clutch setup)

JDUB348

Established Member
In the middle of adjusting my clutch cable. Just got done installing my new input shaft, retainer sleeve, throw out bearing, twin disc clutch, flywheel, and pilot bearing.

I currently have the car on jack stands. When i put the car into gear and press on the clutch all the way the tires continue to rotate? I don't believe this is correct? Any one have any ideas if the clutch cable just may need adjustment or? I have the TOB adjusted so that it sits about 1/8" from the pressure plate fingers

Last edited:

hotcobra03

Established Member
In the middle of adjusting my clutch cable. Just got done installing my new input shaft, retainer sleeve, throw out bearing, twin disc clutch, flywheel, and pilot bearing.

I currently have the car on jack stands. When i put the car into gear and press on the clutch all the way the tires continue to rotate? I don't believe this is correct? Any one have any ideas if the clutch cable just may need adjustment or? I have the TOB adjusted so that it sits about 1/8" from the pressure plate fingers

sounds right...

on stands..in gear ,,no clutch wheels will lock..

push in clutch pedal wheels will spin...

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
When you press the clutch in do you also hit the brake to stop the wheels from turning first? Get them stopped, then let off the brake and see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread