Tires sizes?

TorchRedCobra03

TORCHER
Established Member
Just orders my ccws (18x9.5 & 18x11), what tires sizes do I need if I'm going with Toyo R888 in the rear and front? Also, has anyone tried the new Toyo R888r's?

Bandit5.4

Slow driver
Established Member
For the rear, go with 305/35 or 315/30.
For the front, 275/35.
Haven't tried Toyo's yet, but many seem to like them.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Definitely 305/35's. You may have to roll fenders too if that's not done already.

fitforspeed

Established Member
Just orders my ccws (18x9.5 & 18x11), what tires sizes do I need if I'm going with Toyo R888 in the rear and front? Also, has anyone tried the new Toyo R888r's?

It all depends on the look your like best mostly with regard to sidewall height. The 305/35r18 you see some recommending in the above post are a little taller 26.3 inches. A matching front tire size to keep the same tire diameter would be a 265/40r18. Personally I think those sizes look a little tall for my taste but many like the look. The 315/30r18 at 25.5 inches tall with a 275/35r18 at 25.7 inches is my preference and it is consistent with the diameter of the factory tire size 275/40r17. These specs quoted are for the toyo r888. The toyo is the best tire I have run to date, and I have tried most all, drag radials included. The toyo gives excellent straight line traction that I feel eclipses even drag radials. The icing on the cake is that the tire handles and brakes exceptionally well and if wet weather use is ever an possibility I have never had an issue with them in the rain. One should as always slow and use caution in the rain, especially with a tire as wide as the ones your considering. But drag radials in the rain are just plain dangerous, I have heard many stories of wrecks because of drag radials in the wet. I haven't tried the 888r's as of yet but they will be my next set once these wear a little more and I expect nothing less than awesome from them. I think there is a member here who recently put a set of the r's on his viper and seemed to like them well. Hope this helps your decision and feel free to message me if you have any further ?'s

BMSTNG

Established Member
I'm running ccw's with your exact set up. I'm running 315/35/18 rear with Toyo TQ's and 275/35/18 with Nitto 555's front which was recommended by John at ccw. I personally like the rake that 35,35 sizes give. I have also run the same tire sizes with a 35 rear and 40 up front and 30 rear and 35 front and wasn't a fan of the look. That's just me every one is different.

coremaster21

Established Member
What CCW's did you go with? Color? I ordered mine March 24th and I am still waiting for them. But for the tires I went with Toyo R888's, I have no input on the fitment tho as I do not have the wheels yet lol.

TorchRedCobra03

TORCHER
Established Member
What CCW's did you go with? Color? I ordered mine March 24th and I am still waiting for them. But for the tires I went with Toyo R888's, I have no input on the fitment tho as I do not have the wheels yet lol.
I went went the gloss lip matte center.....you've been waiting that long!? Mine was 12-14 weeks :(

Users who are viewing this thread