Tires for 650hp+ Mickey Thompson question

Silver03Termi

Established Member
Yes I searched. I couldn't find what I was looking for. Im thinking of getting some Mickey Thompson et street drag radials, for the track, and another set of wheels for the street. Two questions. 1) How well do the Mickey Thompsons drag radials hook at the track and on the street? 2) What should I run on the spare set? Im thinking something in the 315 size, what should I get though? Or, at that power level, does it even matter?

mach1033

Established Member
I have the MT/ET streets. There a great street and track tire. I hook without even heating them up. Is your car a daily driver?

89slowgt331

Established Member
I'm running MT ET Street2's 295/45R17, they hook great but dont last long, they are about 27" tall and might be counter productive with the 3.55 gears though. I thought the extra sidewall might take some of the shock launching it. they dont last long though.

For the street I just ordered 17x10.5 replica's and nitto 555R's, If I had more money or when I get some 18" street wheel's I will run toyo R888 or RA1's.

garbonzo1991gt

Flying Monkey Commander
Established Member
Pretty happy with my Nitto NT-01s (315/30-18) on the street. 1st is a bit rowdy but they pull straight and pull like your on a D/R without compromising handling.

I'm on 10.5 slicks at the track and spinning like a mofo.

Users who are viewing this thread