tires? after stock what to get?

1999yellowgt

Established Member
i got a set of 03 cobra rims with the stock good year GS's on em and i need to get new front tires tires. got DR's on the back. what to do you guys like? yoko's? nitto 555's? my budget is about 300-375 for 2 from tires.com or tirerack.com let me know what you guys use.

sam

Established Member
used the nitto 555 on the front of my bullitt gt to match the nitto dr's in the back. they look good and work great.

sjw985

Established Member
I hear the F1-GSD3s are good - that's what I plan on getting when I need tires in another couple thousand miles.

wjfawb0

Established Member
I run 275 front and 285 rear GS-D3s. Great street tires with excellent wet traction and hyroplaning resistance. I have to drive in the rain all the time, so I run them. If I didn't drive in the rain, I would have nittos on the car. 315/35-17s. If I had a lot of money, I would run 315/35-17 BFG drag radials all the time(on 10.5" rims). :-D

-Jason

Dsc00113.jpg

Last edited:

Todd03Blown

Established Member
Originally posted by 03yllwguy
I've got Kuhmo MX's and find them to suck a**....

WOW....I have never heard of anyone complaining of these tires. I had 2 sets on my 01 cobra and now have them on my 03 cobra as well. these tires perform as well as the pilots and I believe the KD's according to tireracks performance reviews. I think they are great tires, handle outstanding, etc, etc.

jedeyeben

Established Member
NITT0, NITTO, NITTO... get the point.
1. I bought a set just for visual look of the tread pattern on my toy, 67 camaro, mostly for shows. I got those about a year and a half ago. I will buy those for as long as they are out.. I have a set on the 99 cobra and it sees daily rain, snow, shine or what ever is out there and they do just fine.
2. I thought originally that hey these are kick a__ sticky, but they won't last... Nope I have about 7K on them so far and you can barely tell at all. I have 2K on the stock GY f1s on my 03 and they show more wear.
3. Drive quality is excellent. Super smooth street manners as well, and if you decide heat them up they stick like glue.

I think the Summimotos are good too. From what I have seen and heard on some other cars. I was really impressed though with the Nittos.

Users who are viewing this thread