Tired of searching high and low, WHAT IS THE RIGHT TRANSMISSION FLUID???

austinseanchris

Established Member
Well, I am here writing and questioning on a topic that has been discussed 1 ba-zillion times over. BUT, I keep reading conflicting stories so I thought I'd post a new topic as a lot of the posts were from YEARS ago(2005-2009) and hope maybe someone has some proof?

I am doing the Punisher valve body upgrade and of course putting a new filter in and new fluid. I have read numerous places that the Mercon V is ok to use and suggested but then others have stated DO NOT use it. Well, as of todays times, theres only a couple fluids to choose from when buying at a auto parts store or wal mart. Its either Castrol Dex/Merc or Castrol Mercon V. Of course theres the SuperTech(wal mart brand) transmission fluid that is a mystery blend? And I think AutoZone has the B&M trick shift fluid. But besides that, thats the only options to choose from. There is no more Dextron III, etc. available at these places. I'd rather not have to special order Transmission fluid. I am an AMSoil dealer and could buy a case of that, but we all know they are VERY proud of their fluids. Im sure it would be good quality, but would I really benefit from paying $12/qt of AMSoil transmission fluid vs $5/qt for Castrol? I would appreciate anyone's and everyone's opinion! THANKS!

Users who are viewing this thread