Tire wear

REDLYNE

Established Member
heh, despends how much you like to smoke em!!! :) :) :)

I only drove on my stockers for 1000miles...then went to the firehawks. Rotated them at 4500....and now at 8000miles I'm ready for new ones!!! LOL! So, I guess I only got 7000 miles out of them. ;)

Check out the picture in my sig to see why. :)

isdnmatt

Established Member
I'm at about 9250. I smoke 'em quite a bit and donuts are also a personal fave. I think they'll only last me another 3000 miles. Then I'll go to the g-force KDWS.

-Matt

Yellow Horse

Established Member
BFG's Comp TA's are soft. I got 5K out of 275's with very little burnouts. Constant jack rabbit starts are what really kills tires. I tried GY GSC's and got 12k down to wire showing. My friends dad bought an L and I liked the stock GY F1's so I tried them. I've given them pretty good hell and I'll get about 20k out of them. They have a 330 tread rating versus 220 for GSC's. So the F1's should get about 1.5 times the miles as GSC's.

sssSnake 01

Established Member
My Factory BF Goodrich 245/45/ZR17 T/A Comps (tread rating 180/Performance rating AA) lasted right at 10K. I was shocked that they went so fast.
Occasionally smoked the tires.

I replaced them with Dunlop 5000 275/40/ZR17 (tread rating 340/Performance rating AA). These are still performance tires but are less expensive, last longer, grip better and in my opinion look better too. They appear to be about 1.25 inch wider than the 245's and corner and hook up better. I expect to get 25K out of these with regular 5K rotations. I have given up smokin the tires too. (bad for tires, hard on tranny)

I am not a fan of the BF Goodrich T/A Comps - Too thin, too soft, somewhat greasy in a turn, don't hook up well, and look to small for the car. You can find some great tires out there depending on what you want to spend. However, I went with a tire that gives me better performance for less money. I paid $145 per tire at Discount Tire and priced them online at $151. So far I am happy with my choice.

Users who are viewing this thread