Tire switch-what a difference

Candler8

Established Member
First off two months of having this car I am still in shock how good it feels to be a Shelby owner!!

After reading many posts about the inept tires (good years). I finally put on the ps2's.

What a difference- the car only has 5000 miles and the tread on he stock tires were fine but like many have said they are awful.

I have only had dry conditions so far but the bite is significant.

I realize I am probably the only one that was still driving with the stock tires but if anyone is contemplating a tire change- DO IT immediately!!

Red-GT500

Needs More Torque!
Established Member
+1 on the tires, this and LCA should be every Shelby owners first mods.

I went with the Super Sports, over the Goodyear F1's and it was so much better, the car actually gets better traction and handling is far better. Plus 30K warranty is great. The PS2 are suppose to be very close to the Super Sports.

Candler8

Established Member

I went with the Super Sports, over the Goodyear F1's and it was so much better, the car actually gets better traction and handling is far better. Plus 30K warranty is great. The PS2 are suppose to be very close to the Super Sports.

Forgive my ignorance...what's LCA??

Thanks!

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member

Did you go with the stock 285 size Super Sports or did you bump up to the 295's?

Candler8

Established Member
Did you go with the stock 285 size Super Sports or did you bump up to the 295's?

I went with the stock sizes...I was tempted to bump it up but I wanted to be able to compare apples to apples.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
What will this do for the car?? Hopefully stop the hopping...and sideways feel when gunning it.

What brand...size...all the details please! :-D

Yes LCAs and the UCA will help a ton with your wheel hope, a great mod to do
I went with the steeda lowers and a J&M upper

Last edited:

Black Sex

Established Member
I just ordered some 295/35/20 Nitto Invo for the rear. I will switch out the fronts for the matching pair when I have the funds.

Trying to get a tire company to warranty a "performance tire" is going to be hard. Not impossible but they will try to tell you it's something you did to the tire.

Users who are viewing this thread