Tire spinning on rim need help!!!!!

Flmx647

Established Member
I have the nitto 315's and everytime I launch they spin on the rim about an inch. What can I do to fix this? Is any1 else having this prob?

dougwg

Established Member
take them back and have the guys that installed them "glue: them to the rim. ( they will use a black rubber cement) let dry for atleast 8 hours

This should help

oh, and before they do this make sure they clean the wheel and tire with something that will give you a nice clean surface

dougwg

Established Member
Originally posted by ShelbyGuy
now you know why those other drag cars have bead screws

or that... but I didn't think he wanted to do that to his rims

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
How do you know thay are spinning on the wheel rim? Did you catch it on film or something? I

f they are spiining its probably because the air pressure is to low in the tire to keep the tire seated to the rim.

icu812

GOT MILF?
Established Member
do you have stock rims? if so have the person putting your tires on install them"DRY"this will help cure tire spin but it just a bandaid the only sure fire way is to screw the tire to the FACTIOD; each time the tire "slips" you take a chance of losing some air if not all of it (and you know how dangerous that can be)

if it was me I would consider screwing the tire, if you have stock rims and don't want to mess them up pick up another set just for track duty

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
You can tell the tires are spinning by marking the wheel and tire with paint or a marker. if the tire spins - the marks separate.

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
Originally posted by MidLifeC
You can tell the tires are spinning by marking the wheel and tire with paint or a marker. if the tire spins - the marks separate.

Damn...I learn something new every day !! :beer:

360R

Established Member
I kno this kid and when we went to moroso we marked the rim and tire to check to see if the tire was spinning on the rim. After the first run they spun an 1inch from the first spot. His car is super tough, it ran a 12.0@116. I think he has to much HP. Thats my opinion.

Jagged Edge

Established Member
I had the same problem on stock rims and 315 Nittos.
I would mark the tire using the valve stem for reference.
It took more than a few burnouts but it stopped spinning the tires on the rims.
JE

Flmx647

Established Member
I am afaid that the tires will pop the bead and come apart I am running 32lbs and they still spin. I guess i will have to glue them. Thanx all

Jagged Edge

Established Member
Originally posted by Flmx647
I am afaid that the tires will pop the bead and come apart I am running 32lbs and they still spin. I guess i will have to glue them. Thanx all

No they won't pop off the rim even at 17 pounds
JE

360R

Established Member
Ive heard that people use Indian Head Gasket Glue. Has anybody had a chance to use this stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread