tire sizes ???

NITRO PASS

Speed addict
Established Member
need input from the Gang!!!
besides the obvious diff.ences, like height and width, have any body here tried to put 285/50/18 tires on the L----what does it look like?? how does it drive??
i'm gonna get 20" wheels some time but need tires now and the 295's are a big chunk -------
who has the 285/50's on their trucks---thanx

chuckdlightning

Established Member
dude...spend the extra $$ and buy 295/45/18's. I looked for the same alternative..mainly b/c I didn't feel like shelling out the $$$ for a set of 295/45/18's...I purchased a pair of 285/50's and put them on the rear...they look like redigulous man. they look like balloons! check out these sites man..they have fairly good deals on tires. they ride nice, but don't look so good... i strongly advise against putting them on a L...they probably wouldn't fit well in the front either.
good luck
http://www.treadepot.com/

http://www.edgeracing.com/

both these places have good prices

NITRO PASS

Speed addict
Established Member
thanx for the info---i wanted to know what the 285/50's looked like, i figured they looked like balloons--- i actuall got the Hankook Ventus tires---295/45/18 cost was $ 143 each--- all L owners know that the F1's ride like **** after 6000 miles and need replace after 12000---i found a web site that had a lot of user feedback on the Hankooks and decided to get them( so far i like )-----most ppl on the forum said the same bad things about the Goodyear's that i experience ..........

chuckdlightning

Established Member
yeah... the goodyears suck. That's a badass price you found on those tires. Congrats. I'm running the toyo's. So far so good. I would post some pic i had of mine w/ those 285's on my truck, but it's kinda emparassing.

Users who are viewing this thread