Tire size

ItsReal

Established Member
Hey all I'm sure this has been a topic before however I'm new to the Brotherhood of Shelby and was just curious if a 305 tire will fit on the 2013 Wheels. If it does please send me pictures of how it looks thank you in advance!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

MastaAce03

Established Member
People do it, but it’s against manufacturers recommendation. Nittos run narrower than most other tire manufacturers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MastaAce03

Established Member
That’s exactly why actually. A 285mm tire is the max recommended size for a 9.5in tire and most tire shops, like discount tire for example, won’t mount a tire wider than the manufacturers recommendations.

MastaAce03

Established Member
That’s exactly why actually. A 285mm tire is the max recommended size for a 9.5in tire and most tire shops, like discount tire for example, won’t mount a tire wider than the manufacturers recommendations. It also voids the warranty on the tires.

Having said that, there’s quite a few guys running 305s in a Nitto tire without issues. I sure as hell wouldn’t put a Toyo 305 on a 9.5in wheel though.

raustin0017

Established Member
I run Michelin 315 on the rear on stock 14 rims. Does it fit with out any issue? Yes. Is it over the manufacture recommendations? Yes. Are there any handling issues? Nope. Is there any tire bulge? Here is a pic. FWIW...I have no problem / issues at all exceeding recommendations.

Rear.png

ItsReal

Established Member
I run Michelin 315 on the rear on stock 14 rims. Does it fit with out any issue? Yes. Is it over the manufacture recommendations? Yes. Are there any handling issues? Nope. Is there any tire bulge? Here is a pic. FWIW...I have no problem / issues at all exceeding recommendations.

View attachment 1534844
Thanks man I really appreciate it so that if I run my 305's I should be just fine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I’ve been on a 305 for 13,000 miles. No problems.

I’m not running it to 200 mph either...

KanzenShelby

Established Member

View attachment 1534844

Nice... What size are you running for the front with the stock 19" rims?

Actually what over size tire can you run? Anyone?

raustin0017

Established Member
No rubbing, no issues, handles great...but they might look hideous to some? To me...it was exactly what I was looking for. Widest rubber in the rear/front with stock rims.

NOTE: Moved from Charleston, SC up to Virginia Beach...Race Deck floor is on order.

Attachments

• 0307191645a.jpg
    0307191645a.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 104

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
I was on stock rims & 305's for 2 years and beat the snot out of them ....occasionally.
I then swapped those same 305x35x20 MT's on to a 11" rim and I believe traction was even better. New 305x35x20 MT's in the garage not mounted yet.

Users who are viewing this thread