tire size recommendation

Vick

luv my cobra
Established Member
Hello e1

Need sum help choosing correct tire size

Rims. Car 96 gt

17x9. 17x10

I was told the backs will have to drag radials...

Is there another option?

Strikeking10

Established Member
I ran 255/45 amd 285/40 Toyos on my old gt and it fit great you dont need drag radials on the back unless you want them.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
StrikeKing is right. You don't have to run Drag Radials in the back unless you want them.

Do yo have any suspenisin mods? What do you want out of your next set of tires? Also, what is the offset on your wheels?

Vick

luv my cobra
Established Member
StrikeKing is right. You don't have to run Drag Radials in the back unless you want them.

Do yo have any suspenisin mods? What do you want out of your next set of tires? Also, what is the offset on your wheels?

Not yet for mods, thinking bout putting springs to lower, as far as tires not looking for traction to race , just good safe tires , this for my little brother in college , daily driver.

I went ahead an did 17 x 9 all the way around,

The offset would have been 24 for the front if i stay with 10.5 in he rear

Thanks ...

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
^
Thank you for the additional information.

With 17x9 wheels on all four corners you have a few options. You can run a staggered set-up with 245/45-17's in the front and 275/40-17's in the rear. You can also go with 245/45-17's or 275/40-17's on all four corners. Wth stock suspension you can even go 255/45-17's on all 4 corners.

I personally like the look of 275/40-17's all the way around so that's what I recommended. An excellent model to look into that doesn't break the brank is the Kuhmo 4X. This model is fully rotatable and does well in all conditions. Here's the link with more details...

Tire Details - Discount Tire Direct

Users who are viewing this thread