tire size recomendations?

lookinfor cobra

Established Member
I just bought a set of bbs rk plasma rims and need tire sizes for the rims . They are 18x9 and 18x10.5 I was thinking about 245/ 40/ 18 for the front and 295/ 35 /18 for the rear will these sizes fit and not rub? thanks for your help.....mike

98cobrancali

the mustang man
Established Member
on the 18x9 i would at least go 265, or 275, the back i would throw some 315's on, post some pics when you get them on, i love those rims

lookinfor cobra

Established Member
the taller tire gives the same od of the rear tire to keep the car level ......315? thats wide!!!!! will it rub I already took off the quad shocks and replaced them with adjustable rods to keep the axle tubes from twisting on hard launches ....yea right my 60 ft is 2.3!!! but with my slicks it better hook up!!! thanks for the responses and keep them coming mike....

MidNight Snake

Established Member
Originally posted by lookinfor cobra
the taller tire gives the same od of the rear tire to keep the car level ......315? thats wide!!!!! will it rub I already took off the quad shocks and replaced them with adjustable rods to keep the axle tubes from twisting on hard launches ....yea right my 60 ft is 2.3!!! but with my slicks it better hook up!!! thanks for the responses and keep them coming mike....

Adjustable rods replacing the quad shocks? I have not herd of this(maybe I should of). Can u give me some information on this, do u get any more wheel hop with that setup?

Blu50Stang

Happiness is being blown
Established Member
Originally posted by 98cobrancali
on the 18x9 i would at least go 265, or 275, the back i would throw some 315's on, post some pics when you get them on, i love those rims

Yeah, with a 9" rim, you will want to go atleast 265. I run 275s all the way around with no rubbing(and I've got H&R supersports too).

Users who are viewing this thread