Tire size, 4 eyed issue

faststang87

Smoke Em!
Established Member
Hey guys,

I just had a question regarding tires on a fox body mustang. A good friend of mine informed me that the biggest size tires that I could fit on my 1985 mustang gt, was 275's. I am in the process of re-building my 1985 mustang, and would like bigger size tires on my car. However, I do not want to change anything drastically. My question is what are guys putting on the back of your fox's? I am sure there is another thread just like this, but I could not find it. Anyway any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Adam.

big dad

Established Member
Hey guys,

I just had a question regarding tires on a fox body mustang. A good friend of mine informed me that the biggest size tires that I could fit on my 1985 mustang gt, was 275's. I am in the process of re-building my 1985 mustang, and would like bigger size tires on my car. However, I do not want to change anything drastically. My question is what are guys putting on the back of your fox's? I am sure there is another thread just like this, but I could not find it. Anyway any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Adam.

What rim diameter? I have 285/40/17s on my 86 in the rear. It's tight, but it doesn't rub.

faststang87

Smoke Em!
Established Member
What rim diameter? I have 285/40/17s on my 86 in the rear. It's tight, but it doesn't rub.

Funny you said that actually. That is the size I want to put on my 85. Could you post some pictures of your 86 by chance. I am curious as to what yours looks like.

DarkMach1

Established Member
You don't need wider tires you need stickier tires...words to live by.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread