Tire Shine/Protectant

kens88gt

Established Member
Just ordered new tires for one of my cars and was talking with the tire guy about the condition of the tires because I have a lot of tread left but cracking on the sidewalls, etc. He said the tire shine products cause the cracking and that Armorall was really bad for tires. In subsequent research I have come across 303 Aerospace Protectant. Anyone know anything about this product? Does it protect as opposed to ruin your tires? All feedback would be appreciated.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
Never heard of it, but I use tire shine from time to time. Never spray it on, just put some on a rag and wipe.

Nor Cal Mach

I love this AMERICAN RIDE
Established Member
I use the Amor ALL Gell with the little spong it comes with. That shit last longer then my car stays clean.

EVO-lution

Established Member
Dry rot is usually from weather conditions in which they change. usually heat does it to them. any tire shine is supposed to lubricate it. thats the purpose to keep it moist in extreme conditions. if the guy stores the tires for winter it could also cause it.

mach14604

Established Member
Used Meguirs Insane Tire Shine now. Did use Hot Shine. Never had a problem. Dont use Armoral on anything!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread