Tire setup help

SVT_Colin_01

Established Member
I recently picked up a set of 18x10.5 (rear) and 18x9 (front) for my Cobra and was looking into tire setups. Anyone have any suggestions? I kinda want to go 315s in the rear but I believe then I will have to roll the fenders once I lower the car. Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys.

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
You may get mixed responses but when I had my 18x10.5 saleens on the rear with 315's, I bottom out a couple of times and the tire ended up with a nice cut all the way around. I think at the time I had some eibachs on with a 1.5 drop.

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
Rather than rolling the fenders, my shop just trimmed the lip all the way around.

SVT_Colin_01

Established Member
You may get mixed responses but when I had my 18x10.5 saleens on the rear with 315's, I bottom out a couple of times and the tire ended up with a nice cut all the way around. I think at the time I had some eibachs on with a 1.5 drop.

Yeah I figured I'd have to roll the fenders especially with the amount of drop I am wanting. Maybe a 295 or even a 305 will be a better option for the time being until I can afford to roll the fenders properly?

98_Undertaker

Established Member
I think all these cars are different I had 315's with a spacer and H&R race springs and never never touched the fenders. My brothers has 295's with spacers and the same drop and we rolled his fenders and he still rubs on hard bumps.

While your doing it I would go ahead and have them rolled or trimmed and add the low profile bolts just to cover any possible problems.

Last edited:

SVT_Colin_01

Established Member
I think all these cars are different I had 315's with a spacer and H&R race springs and never never touched the fenders. My brothers has 295's with spacers and the same drop and we rolled his fenders and he still rubs on hard bumps.

While your doing it I would go ahead and have them rolled or trimmed and add the low profile bolts just to cover any possible problems.

Were you both running the same tire? I know some brands runner smaller than others.

SLPCobra

Established Member
Yeah every car is different
I had my fenders rolled and put in stiffer shocks and that helped for the most part on rubbing still do on hard bumps of course I got a toyo tq 345 drag radial though lol

SVT_Colin_01

Established Member
Alright thanks for the help guys. I might get 315s and see if I rub and if I do ill roll he fenders. I guess I will just budget in the fender roll and see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread