Tire Selection Help!

Crazy jok3r

Established Member
Hi

Okay so I'm looking to replace my NT555 that I have on my rear, and I'm ready to try a new tire. I'm looking for a tire that has good grip to help keep the car to the ground, but also is decent in rain during regular driving. I would also like to find a tire that is built for street, and autocross. Also what size tire do you recommend for 18X10 wheel?

Thanks!

noldevin

Established Member
I'd go for the new michelin PS4 tires, 285/40/18 to keep a similar-to-stock height. You could go a little shorter for less sidewall flex, but that will affect your gearing and ride height, so your call.

If you don't mind comprimising tire life and some rain drivability, you could go for Bridgestone RE11s.
The RE71Rs are even better for autox, but at that point you're pretty much throwing rain driving and longevity out the window

Crazy jok3r

Established Member
I'd go for the new michelin PS4 tires, 285/40/18 to keep a similar-to-stock height. You could go a little shorter for less sidewall flex, but that will affect your gearing and ride height, so your call.

If you don't mind comprimising tire life and some rain drivability, you could go for Bridgestone RE11s.
The RE71Rs are even better for autox, but at that point you're pretty much throwing rain driving and longevity out the window

Thanks for the reply.

This is all I was able to find near 285/40/18 online. Which one of these tires would you got with?

285/35-18 MICHELIN PILOT SUPER SPORT XL 101Y BSW
285/30-18 BRIDGESTONE POTENZA RE-11 97W BSW

Also I'm running 255/45/18 up front will the Aspect Ratio on the tires I listed be an issue?

Thanks

noldevin

Established Member
Those are both going to be significantly shorter than stock and your 255/45.
You can either go shorter in front to match new rear tires (you should definitely run the same model tire front and back for autocross)
Or you can run a 285/40 continental extremecontact sport

noldevin

Established Member
You could also do a 295/40 if you don't mind being a little taller in the rear and having a tire that is just slightly wider than the wheel. There's some good options in that size

Crazy jok3r

Established Member
Those are both going to be significantly shorter than stock and your 255/45.
You can either go shorter in front to match new rear tires (you should definitely run the same model tire front and back for autocross)
Or you can run a 285/40 continental extremecontact sport

I plan on running same model tire front and back, but my tires on the front are still have some life left and the tires on the back need to be replaced really soon. I'm looking to replace them first, and when I get little bit more money I'll change out the front to match the rear. Really isn't much of options for 285/40 or 295/40, but this is what I was able to find. Which one of these options would you go with?

285/40/18
[URL='https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=ExtremeContact+Sport&partnum=84YR8ECS&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes']
Continental's EXTREMECONTACT SPORT
[/URL]
[URL='https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Eagle+F1+Supercar&partnum=84WR8F1SUPERCAR&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes']Goodyear EAGLE F1 SUPERCAR[/URL]

295/40/18

Falken AZENIS RT615K

Falken AZENIS RT615K+
Hankook Ventus R-S4

noldevin

Established Member
I don't have personal experience with either, but I've heard a few people saying they like the Falken. My brother used the older version of the rs4 on his BMW and likes those too

Users who are viewing this thread