Tire Recommendations

trottlebody

Established Member
Right now I have BFG G-force T/A KDW 255/45 ZR17 98Y on all four corners on 17 inch bullets. I have two new ones on the back and two near bald/one leaking on the front (Someone slashed me rear tires, the reason I have 2 old and 2 new). Im not too happy with these tires as they seem to wear pretty quick, and the sidewalls instantly get cracks in them. I need to buy two new ones to replace the front ones, what do you guys recomend? I know its not good to mix and match but I need the fronts replaced ASAP. (Im' not really looking into drag radials as it never sees the track).

Last edited:

trottlebody

Established Member
How well do they last compared to an all season/ "Ultra High Performance Summer" tires as tirerack would put it?

Last edited:

trottlebody

Established Member
I guess your right, I dont drive it too much anyway. Would I have any issues with 255/50 NT555's?

Last edited:

SoCalHarley

SC32VGT
Established Member
Toyo Proxes T1R's for about 13K miles and still plenty of tread front and rear. Decent traction with the 295's out back and handling is solid. The tire tread pattern is different so unless you run all four might look funny... good tire however.

trottlebody

Established Member
The website I was looking at had a good price for the 555's, they will be going on the back, just wanted to be positive there would be no issues with fitting.

Users who are viewing this thread