Tire Questions

SoldierSnake

Like a kid again.
Established Member
I have 2 tire questions:

What size will i need for a 15x5 front wheel, and what tire do you recommend? I want something very streetable with good traction. Car will see alot of street time.

For the rear I have a 15x10 wheel. I am leaning towards the 275/50 nitto DR. for the better wet traction and the longer life. How will that tire fit on that wheel? I have seen pics of the MT DR of the same size on the same wheel and it looked perfect, but I have read that the MT run wider then the Nittos. Thanks for you help.

Also if you could include quotes for both front and rears thanks.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
^
Thank you for the post!

What year and model vehicle will this be for? Any suspension modifications?

The 275/50-15 NT555R D/R has not been approved by Nitto to fit on a 10" wide wheel. The recommended wheel width range is 7.5" to 9.5" with 8.5" being the most ideal. M/T tires do run larger in the same size however, they also recommend the same rim width range.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Given the width of the front wheels, the best size to run is a 185/65-15. This size will be almost 1.25" smaller than the factory tire size. If you are looking for good street handling, I would not recommend this size. The 185 section width is very narrow which is great for a drag set up, but will limit handling on the street.

Have you already made modifications to the brakes to fit these 15" wheels?

SoldierSnake

Like a kid again.
Established Member
No brake mods yet, I will probably have to do with GT brakes and a spacer. Im still deployed getting home in Sept/Oct so im buying parts now and getting info. Is the 185 the widest i can go on that wheel? Thanks.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
No brake mods yet, I will probably have to do with GT brakes and a spacer. Im still deployed getting home in Sept/Oct so im buying parts now and getting info. Is the 185 the widest i can go on that wheel? Thanks.

The 185 is the max recommend width for a 5" wide wheel.

Users who are viewing this thread