Tire Question

dangle

Established Member
I am still new to my 07 GT500... I just ordered the Lethal Performance Power Package and looking at ways to get better traction. Stock I have been told I have 331 gears... Thinking about getting the NT05r 305/45/18 on a stock rim to help with traction and going bigger to add the feeling of gears. I am at stock height and checking to see if anyone has had any issues with rubbing or lights to come on (ABS? TC?)

Thoughts are appreciated! FYI I am planning on enjoy this car on a DAILY basis

RLB01

Established Member
Do yourself a favor and ditch the 3.31 for 3.73 gears this will increase the fun and ease of driving substantially. I ran M/T 305 on stock 18" rims with no issues.

nxhappy

Established Member
I am still new to my 07 GT500... I just ordered the Lethal Performance Power Package and looking at ways to get better traction. Stock I have been told I have 331 gears... Thinking about getting the NT05r 305/45/18 on a stock rim to help with traction and going bigger to add the feeling of gears. I am at stock height and checking to see if anyone has had any issues with rubbing or lights to come on (ABS? TC?)

NTs are good for traction. Don't expect them to last long if you are daily driving.

I also agree on the 373 gears. They will make you say "damn it's faster" !

Stetler17

Established Member
If I am reading your post correctly...going bigger on the tire will give you the opposite feeling of "gears".

Disregard my post if I am misreading your plan.

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
While I agree with what everyone is saying about going 3:73's, I'd say wait and do the truetrac at the same time. I wish I would have waited doing mine so I could have put a better assembly in at the same time so I didn't have to upgrade later down the road. I'm a firm believer in doing things right the first time. Now, this advice is coming from the assumption that later down the line you'll want to upgrade the power level too....otherwise, yes, the tires will fit. :beer:

Last edited:

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
NT05Rs are great street/strip tires on warm and dry days, but I would not want them on my daily driver with the risk of getting caught in the rain... been there, done that = no fun. Not good in cold weather either, but I see you are in the south so that may not be a big concern. I have 8,000 hard street miles on mine with about 16 burnouts/trips down the quarter mile, and I am right at the wear bar with remaining tread. At 18psi for the strip, my 285s put the power down with very little spin. I am switching to Michelin PS A/S3s all the way around this fall so I can enjoy my car year round, but I do not expect them to grip like the Nittos.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member

What?

Users who are viewing this thread