Tire question, lots of recent new tires out there

stop2go41

Established Member
Before I drop the coin I wanted to drag up the old tire thread... I street drive with occasional track days and have 720rwhp (GT500). Thinking about trying the toyo R888, I need a tire that can handle the rain if I get caught. I have nitto 555 drag radials now and they do pretty good in the rain but the traction is not so good. I dont expect to dead hook but from a roll would like to be able to hammer it without blowing my tires off. Mickey Thompson has a new tire as well but I have not been able to find many guys with 700+ running anything but the ET and they blow in the rain. Any thoughts or comments are welcome, again there have been a few new compounds come out recently which is why I am posting. Thank you in advance.

MG0h3

Established Member
I think at that power level you just have to accept that to hook in 2nd, you'll have to compromise on driving in the rain.

The ONLY tire Ive seen people rave about both is the R888, but again, at your power level I think you'll have trouble.

I just installed the ET STREET IIs. Couldnt be happier. Pretty dry where Im at but i have a beater if I need it.

Users who are viewing this thread