Tire pressure with e/t streets and any other tips at the track.

Broski302

Hey guys, new here sorry if this is in the wrong place. I attempted to search for this but it didn't seem.

I have a 2013 5.0 m6 trak pack/brembo/recaro car. C&l Cai, cat deletes, home made resonator delete, roush mufflers, jpc clutch line, mgw race spec, jpc 93 octane email tune, race stars, 26x6 17 sportsman sr up front, 275 60 15 et streets outback. And a n2mb wot box. I'm looking for a little advice on tire pressure and anything else that may be helpful.

My best et so far is.
60ft-1.663
1/8th-7.549
1/8th mph-92.66
1/4 11.759 @117.31

this was leaving at 5400rpm on 2 step riding clutch. No lift shifting with 22psi in the rear tires and 45psi out front. Nice medium 2nd gear burnout good smoke, and screeching out of it. I was only able to make 4 passes with this setup, I am going back Wednesday night to try and go a little faster. Any advise would be great, I'm still unsure of tire pressure when I was at the track only changes I made were launch rpm and clutch release. From what I'm told these times are pretty decent. Thanks

GBCoyote

Established Member
Those are pretty decent times. ET streets are supposed to be in the 20psi range for maximum hooking I believe.

5lho

Established Member
What psi is "right" depends on the car, it's weight, it's suspension and the amount of power and gearing it has. Drop it two psi at a time until you stop seeing gains or the top end instability starts to concerns you and that'll be right.

Broski302

How do you like your n2mb box?
Im very happy with it, i think the peoplr who dont like thembeither didnt install them correctly, or possibly got a faulty box. If you arent good with electrical install can be a littlw confusing. Most importantly triple check before you cut any wires, i also soldered all the connections and used marine heat shrink. Been on there for a few months and i pretty much daily drive the car.
I love the no lift shift feature i have it set at .050 of a second i believe and its just enough to keep the shifting smooth.

Torchy

Established Member
Dump the clutch at 7000 @ 18psi. Works for me at 630whp. Stock clutch.

Users who are viewing this thread