Tire Pressure for Pilot Super Sports on Daily Driver

Doc Vegas

Established Member
Guys: What PSI are you running on your Michelin Pilot Super Sports? I am have the 19 front 20 rear, for pressure, install guys had them around 30 psi. Seems kind of low against their max rated 50 psi.

What'ya running??? Thanks

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I run 35 in the front 32 in the rear. Anything less than 25 psi and your TPMS light will be illuminated.

Doc Vegas

Established Member
Damn, I guess they had it right. I went up to 45 PSI since I had nothing better to do while I was trying to install my HE. So, 30's are right for getting maximum tire wear? That's why I am looking for 95% of the time.

nickf2005

Established Member
You don't want to inflate them to what the tire is rated for, you want to be closer to the recommendations on the driver side door jam. It state 35 all around. As Catmonkey said, you can run a bit less in the rear for better traction.

If you have them all blown up to 45, you're probably going to have uneven wear.

Doc Vegas

Established Member
You don't want to inflate them to what the tire is rated for, you want to be closer to the recommendations on the driver side door jam. It state 35 all around. As Catmonkey said, you can run a bit less in the rear for better traction.

If you have them all blown up to 45, you're probably going to have uneven wear.

OK - much appreciated. The installer had them right, I should have known.... thanks!

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
32 psi in all four for even tread wear across the full width of the tires.

jonw605

Established Member
I've always ran and heard that 32 psi is the magic number for daily driving. I've always had great wear.

Users who are viewing this thread