Tire Poll - Any help is appreciated!

SPXTrader

Certified Loon
Established Member
I need tires on my 01 vert. Since I can't get OS-2 Poles anymore, I've narrowed it down to three choices.

I will track the car on occasion, and will auto-X a few times. Mileage is not that important (less than 3000 miles on my NSX w/ OS-2's, slightly more on my S2000 with the same tire) BUT like everyone else, I want it all! I'd like to see 15,000 or so...

There's a lot of knowledge in this forum, and I appreciate any you can spare...

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Give the Kumho MXs a try, they are cheap and they grip very well. I just got back from Hallett Raceway in Ok. I ran the MXs very hard in 90*+ temps, I never had a problem with them, they withstood 66 laps of abuse those two days and they still have great tread depth left. 2881

johnny-longtors

Haikeeba!
Established Member
I've used and have liked the Bridgestone Pole Position S-O2s, but not the current S-O3s. Wear on the S-O2s was rapid, and they got like rocks with age. If money is not a concern, the top -o- the line Continental (ContiSportContact 2 Vmax) seems to be very highly regarded. Didn't price them this season, but last year they were a small fortune per wheel.

On the street I really like the Yokohama AVS dB line, great grip, awsome wet weather performance (I'm in Ohio) and simply the quietest performance tire I've ever had.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread