Tire fittment issues

whizdumb81

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
Established Member
I'm looking into getting a new set of tires for my cobra... That being said I have a technical question about tire fittment.. When I first purchased my cobra, it had the polished aluminum wheels on it.. On those wheels were a set of Goodyear Eagle F1's (275/40/zr17). I acctually downgraded my wheels to the satin sliver cobra wheels that came stock on the 99 and 01.

My question is will a set of Perreli P Zero Nero's M+s 275/40/17 fit on my satin rims.. The reason I ask is because i have heard that tire sizes can run slightly different from manufacturer to manufacturer... Who here has successfully mounted that wheel and tire combo on a 2001 cobra. My car is lowered quite a bit so I want to make sure that before I purchase these tires that I will be able to fit them with no problems (wheel fittment, rubbing, and clearance issues)

Any Help including pictures of the combo are very greatly appreciated.

PS the original wheels that came with the car are for sale in the Cobra parts/ wheel&tire section of the market on this site.. Any interest in those rims don't hesitat to ask... The profit from that sale will hopefully offset the cost of the new tires.

Thanks guys

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
so are you meaning you are putting a 275/40/17 on a stock 99/01 rim? if so that is completely fine. that's what i did for the rear when i had my stock 99 wheels. you won't come close to rubbing anything! also, some will say you shouldn't go any wider than a 245/45/17 on an 8" wide rim, but they are just skeptics....

whizdumb81

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
Established Member
Have any pics of the rear... And did you have nero's? Sorry to hear about your cobra, but you'll find your way back to us...

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
here's a couple. that's all i have though. it was a long time ago....the rear tires are BFG KDW 275/40/17, front is BFG KDWS 245/45/17.

don't worry man, i'm picking up my 03 tomorrow. i know it's not a 99/01, but i'll still be here the majority of the time!

car04hj7.jpg

car01li0.jpg

whizdumb81

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
Established Member
As long as they fit and I don't get any flack about it from the tire installers it's all good.
Plus when i had the Eagle F1's on there (those were 275's) the car felt like it was on rails. so that was good. Thanks Guys.

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Are you planning on running 275s on the fronts as well? While 275s on an 8" rim are ok for the back (I too run 275 Nittos on stock rims for everyday driving), I do not recommend 275s on an 8" rim for the front. You will experience a lot of tracking from the front end and a lot of sidewall flex.

Users who are viewing this thread