Tire experience

K2AHollywood

Established Member
Looking to see if anyone knows about these: Bridgestone Potenza RE-11? My last set of GS-D3s are finally in need of replacing. I used the Michelin Pilot Sports the last time and I can honestly say I feel super underwhelmed with their performance vs what they promise and cost. I was trying to hold off on tires so I could buy new rims and a set of summer only tires but a blown truck motor says the car needs to see some DD duty. With that in mind the tire I choose needs to have good wet/dry performance. Also open to other suggestions.

blacksheep-1

Established Member
FWIW the guys at my autocross club seem to like them, sort of dual purpose street and auto-x, they do pretty well.

71catruck

Established Member
I work at a tire shop and the guys there love the bridge stones. The continental dw isn't bad either just don't get the dws. I just put a set of 295/35/18 bfgoodrich g force kw on my car and first gear still spins if I'm not carfull to control boost but second gear hooks pretty good. They are a little more expensive than the other two but I like them and they are doing great in the rain

K2AHollywood

Established Member
I work at a tire shop and the guys there love the bridge stones. The continental dw isn't bad either just don't get the dws. I just put a set of 295/35/18 bfgoodrich g force kw on my car and first gear still spins if I'm not carfull to control boost but second gear hooks pretty good. They are a little more expensive than the other two but I like them and they are doing great in the rain

This is good news, I have had good luck with Bridgestones on other cars so this is encouraging. I have tried the g forces and their wet performance was not as good as I need at this point but still an awesome tire.

71catruck

Established Member
in that case i think the continental might do you a little better. has a high tread wear and should do better in the rain. idk if it will grip as well off the line but thats the compromise.

Shepp1691

Established Member
Continental DW, they have awesome warranty and I have had good luck with them, I have dws on my wifes acura and like those as well, but they re not made in 295s

Rotzs99

Established Member
I researched tires a lot and wanted a good wet/dry summer tire. I went with the Cooper RS3-S tires. American company, cheaper than most, and I think pretty darn good performance. Better than the stock 04 Goodyears, not as good dry as NT-05s. I got caught on the highway in a storm I thought I was gonna die in and my car was going to get golfballed, but I never felt I was going to lose it. Couldn't drive past my vision so it was slow, but coming out of the storm I could go highway speeds no problem. Also the tire Roush puts on their stangs.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-news/new-technology/new-summer-rubber-1

Last edited:

K2AHollywood

Established Member
I researched tires a lot and wanted a good wet/dry summer tire. I went with the Cooper RS3-S tires. American company, cheaper than most, and I think pretty darn good performance. Better than the stock 04 Goodyears, not as good dry as NT-05s. I got caught on the highway in a storm I thought I was gonna die in and my car was going to get golfballed, but I never felt I was going to lose it. Couldn't drive past my vision so it was slow, but coming out of the storm I could go highway speeds no problem. Also the tire Roush puts on their stangs.

Car Tires - Cooper Treads on Goodyear and Bridgestone's turf with No Fear - Road & Track

I'll look into these more but it makes me nervous to see them compared to my ps2...

Rotzs99

Established Member
All the magazines and ratings makers consider michelins the top tires. Idk how much michelin pays them, but if the Coopers were specifically engineered for a Roush stage 3, sounds good to me.

Users who are viewing this thread