tire deal.....

KOOY

Established Member
Is this a great deal????
Hello, all. I need to hear from you on a deal of a pair of brand new 275/40/17" Pirelli P7000 Supersport M&S.(M&S stands for All Season) -----> u$230, which is c$300 without installaion. It is a cash deal so no tax involved.
p.s. The P7000 supersport M&S is actually the previous generation of P-zero Nero M&S. Now, they don't make it any more.
BTW, these tire load rating is 93, which is 220 pounds fewer than my stock tire 98. Will this be an issue.
SO, chime in. guys. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

FredK'03Cobra

Established Member
Don't do just two snows on a Cobra. Learned my lesson years ago with my 928. With Pirellis just on the back, it wanted to change ends on every exit ramp. Mounted two more for the front, and the car was amazing in snow. You might also want to consider stepping down to 245s for all four corners.

KOOY

Established Member
Originally posted by FredK'03Cobra
Don't do just two snows on a Cobra. Learned my lesson years ago with my 928. With Pirellis just on the back, it wanted to change ends on every exit ramp. Mounted two more for the front, and the car was amazing in snow. You might also want to consider stepping down to 245s for all four corners.
It is all-season, but it is ultra-high performance tire. Do you mean that putting the new tires on the rear will move the car all over the place?
New question.....Can I use different brands between front and rear?

HairyCanary

Established Member
My 95 GT had 275/35/18 P7000's on it when I got it, I was very happy with their all around performance both dry and wet.

I know of several people running different brands front and rear without any degredation in performance.

Dave

FredK'03Cobra

Established Member
Okay, my goof on the M&S vs. straight snow. I had the Pirelli 190s which were snow only. But, I'm sticking to my guns on this point: The M&Ss that you are considering putting on the back, will not grip as well as your fronts in dry weather. They may help you get going when its slick -- I'll give you that, but their tread pattern will allow the tail to come out on you -- way before you think it will. That's the problem. It's not like the guys that are putting bigger, wider, sticky rubber out back for summer, or track duty. You can mix and match there. But, a bad match in the snow will bite you on a cars like ours. Also, those wide fronts are going to act like snowshoes, going over, and not cutting through the snow as a narrower tire will.
The price seems fine. But, like I said, I'd look at getting a set of four, and narrower (245s). By, going with a 245, you might be able to offset some of the cost of buying four vs. two.

Users who are viewing this thread