tire advise, please

chromeyellow98

Established Member
i am running quite a bit hp 500+ rwhp and my car has a suspension built for road racing. i dont race but i like to enjoy it, i am looking for a tire that will NOT hinder my cars handling but at the same time can get me some grip to make my power effective. i may do 2-3 autocrosses this year 1-2 drag strips... mostly cruising and maybe a few battles on the street. thanks in advance for any advice. i would be happy w/ something nitto makes and my wheel will probably be 10.5rear and 9 front, both 17". thanks
-dereck

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thanks for the post Dereck. We would be happy to help you with your tire needs.

If you want a little bit of everything, I would take a close look at the Nitto NT05. This model is a max performance summer tire and will provide you with some decent grip on the street. For racing, I would highly consider running a different set of dedicated track tires like the NT01 which is an R-Compound race tire but the NT05 can also be used.

As far as sizes go, I would run size 275/40-17 in the front and size 315/35-17 in the rear. Depending on your offset and suspension work, you may have to make slight modifications to avoid rubbing but these are great sizes to run. The NT05 and NT01 are both available in these sizes. Here are the links...

I hope this information helps. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

chromeyellow98

Established Member
YEAH, I THINK IM looking for something that will do everything good...
i had 315 drag radial on an old setup it fit but hit the fender on the left side.

is the nt05 comparable to the michelin ps?
thanks for the help

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The NT05 is somewhat similar to the PS2 but the NT05 does have a little softer rubber and more contact patch. I would go with the NT05 over the PS2.

Last edited:

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The 555RII will help with straight line traction since it has a uni-directional tread design and R-Compound rubber. The expected life is anywhere from 5K to 10K miles.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Tough to say really at this point but I would anticipate anywhere from 15K to 20K miles.

Users who are viewing this thread