Tips for connecting the E-Brake cable?

GreyCobra_03

Lurch
Established Member
I was not able to connect the E-Brake cable at the little T bracket right above the drive shaft after doing my solid axle swap. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get this connected? I even had a person on each rear brake assembly activating the brakes to give me slack, I still couldn't connect them.

13 Cobra Toy

Need More Track...
Established Member
Originally posted by GreyCobra_03
I was not able to connect the E-Brake cable at the little T bracket right above the drive shaft after doing my solid axle swap. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get this connected? I even had a person on each rear brake assembly activating the brakes to give me slack, I still couldn't connect them.

Remove the center console storage box.
Release the detent on the E-brake handle
That should give you more cable

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
You might also try disconnecting the cables at the wheels, then do the connector near the driveshaft. Then go to each individual wheel and reconnect them. The little arm on the caliper is pretty easy to move with a screwdriver and the cable can be moved around to get it into the bracket pretty easily.
Dana

grodgers

Established Member
Re: Re: Tips for connecting the E-Brake cable?

Originally posted by 03 Cobra Toy
Remove the center console storage box.
Release the detent on the E-brake handle
That should give you more cable

Can you shed light on exactly how this is done? I mean, I know how to get the console box out where you can see the parking brake assembly - but how do release the tension?

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
I'm interested in this as well. Especially since on my car, I have been unable to remove the console b/c I cannot pull the e-brake handle up far enough.

Users who are viewing this thread