Tipping Question.

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
I ordered a couch,desk,sofa table and a 4 piece hutch..Of course one of the pieces were damaged.I gave the delivery guy a $20.Not sure if that was enough?Anyways,they are delivering the damaged piece today.Not sure if it will be the same drivers.Do I have to give them another tip?Thanks

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
not sure as tho you HAVE to, but i'd probably give him $5-10 as long as the next doesn't show up damaged.

If it's a different driver...that's a tough call. Others...chime in.

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
I guess if they are different drivers I will give them $10...I hate to be cheap but it's not my fault that the piece was damaged.I spent $2000 already on the furniture..Just curious what others would do....Thanks

SNAKE CHARM

Alcohol Fueled Brutality
Established Member
I worked in Furniture retail for 14 years and would have to do re-schedule delivery's just like you mentioned, I guess I would question if the furniture was in boxes and there was hidden damage, then not so much the drivers fault, if it was inspected and loaded that way then different story. Did you see the drivers unwrap/unbox in front of you. The first time tip is ok if you get good service, the second time is more of a hassle and time out of your schedule,yeah things happen but I didn't expect a tip when I was driver and just wanted to keep the customer happy. And we the Company would usally give the customer a gift certificate for the mistake.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
I had no idea you're supposed to tip furniture guys. :shrug:

I thought tipping was only for food and alcohol. :??: Maybe I should get tipped for being an engineer. I go through an awful lot of trouble to design and build parts to the customers specs.

SNAKE CHARM

Alcohol Fueled Brutality
Established Member
I had no idea you're supposed to tip furniture guys. :shrug:

I thought tipping was only for food and alcohol. :??: Maybe I should get tipped for being an engineer. I go through an awful lot of trouble to design and build parts to the customers specs.

I guess it just comes down to good service, I mean how many tip there Barbers, taxi drivers, etc, It's funny but I tip when I go up and order a beer at a bar and all the guy/girl did was take the bottle out of the ice and pop the top, does that deserve a tip.:shrug:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I never tip Furniture drivers/delivery guys! If they wouldn't drive like idiots everywhere then I might. But once a week I see one of them practically driving right down the yellow line! Yeah I got a tip for them and it's learn how to drive with some common sense!

SNAKE CHARM

Alcohol Fueled Brutality
Established Member
I never tip Furniture drivers/delivery guys! If they wouldn't drive like idiots everywhere then I might. But once a week I see one of them practically driving right down the yellow line! Yeah I got a tip for them and it's learn how to drive with some common sense!

As a delivery driver I never expected it, although it was nice if you got one after you just spent hours setting up a whole house full of furniture,no different than when I worked for a moving Co.Jmo.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
does anybody tip fed ex/UPS? When does the madness end?

I tipped my old UPS guy at my parents house. Over a month he delivered over a ton (literally) of car parts for my old fox body.

But he would call my cell and let me know he had something expensive or big to deliver so I could arrange for somebody to be home. He would even back his truck up my driveway and unload them into my garage.

He was cool as hell. Havent' gotten a good once since.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Any time you have someone enter your house to deliver, tip them. Consider it a "don't rob me" insurance policy.:thumbsup:

Coiled03

Established Member
Any time you have someone enter your house to deliver, tip them. Consider it a "don't rob me" insurance policy.:thumbsup:

Or, consider it a sucker's fee - which is what it really is. If a guy really wants to rob you, tipping him a 20 spot isn't gonna change his mind.

Besides, who the hell tips furniture delivery people? :??:

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
wow does everyone deserve a tip for doing there job, maybe I should tip the grocery clerk who rings me up, and the guy at mcdonalds who takes my order, honestly if aperson is on salary or hourly there is no need to tip except for valet, doormen, and waiter, there pay is based on tips

king nothing

Established Member
As a former furniture delivery person, I will tell you we didnt make shit. started and finished at 9 bucks an hour. Tips were nice, if not all that often. probably made between 20-40 a week in tips. Considering the amount of work you do 10 bucks an hour just isnt much. My partner expected and got upset when someone didnt tip us. I dont know if he maybe knew something I didnt, but I looked at it as a bonus

blk96SVT

Established Member
I would never tip a furniture delivery driver. I tip for food service and at bars thats it (we don't have taxis where I live so I don't tip them). Heres a tip, don't eat yellow snow, hahaha!

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
I tip people who give me good service, not just those that work at food/bar type places. If someone gives me good service or goes out of their way (or if you want them to)...tip them. Whenever ive had work done to my car @ ford i tip my same mechanic. No offense but some of you guys sound cheap as f***...thats all im going to say

Users who are viewing this thread