tipping etiquette

jazzkiller34

The West is the Best
Established Member
if anyone can help me out, i'm getting a massage at some fancy place in houston when i visit there next week. anyone know what the tipping etiquette for something like this is? i've never gotten a massage that i've paid for, so i don't want to stiff anyone, or short change them and look like an ass. thanks for the help!

CSD

Banned
well , it all depends what kind of favor they do for ya. Here in jersey, they expect a $40 tip for a happy ending

jazzkiller34

The West is the Best
Established Member
its an hour massage and it runs $95. and no, this place does not give happy endings....although i should probably look into that as well

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
jazzkiller34 said:
if anyone can help me out, i'm getting a massage at some fancy place in houston when i visit there next week. anyone know what the tipping etiquette for something like this is? i've never gotten a massage that i've paid for, so i don't want to stiff anyone, or short change them and look like an ass. thanks for the help!

Massage therapists typically get a larger percentage than say a waitress. Unlike a waitress, a massage therapist gives you her undivided attention for the entire time. I typically get 90 minute massages and they vary in price between $75.00 and $80.00 and I always tip $20.00. If I have a short massage of 1/2 hour it's usually $10.00 tip.

Don't be disappointed if you don't get a "happy ending". All reputable MT's will avoid the groin area. The Psoaz will be as close as they get! Glutes are different thankfully! "A little deeper please!!" :bowdown:

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
OCSnk said:
If you pass gas a lot, give another 10%

Oh man, please spare the therapist and don't go out on a binge swilling down Guinness Extra Stout the night before!! ;-) :lol: :p

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread