Tinted Windshield on Convertible

GoingHaam

Established Member
I have done the search already... I have seen that there are a few people on here that have there windshields completely tinted, but all the ones ive see were coupes. I want to know if any one has pics of a vert or has a vert with a tinted windshield. I want to know you guys take on what its like driving with the top down. I would prefer to see 99-04 mustangs, but any make and model vert will be fine.

MTBSully

Established Member
Unless you go crazy dark you wont even notice. My truck windshield is 50% and it cuts down on glare but you cant even tell. Check my thread on here its 3 pages long about windhsheild tint

GoingHaam

Established Member
I had a tinted windshield on my daily driver (took it offa week ago, just because I was bored... will be putting it back on soon) 15% all around, 20% on the windshield, strangely it was easier to see at night because there was no variation for my eyes to adjust to at night from looking out of the side vs the front.

Im think of doing my vert 5% on the side with 20 upfront, but i want to know if top down at night driving will be near impossible because the light coming from the outside

Svtkidd23

#4THGEARMATTERS
Established Member
i did 35% and it was perfect.. 30 was to dark.

MAKE SURE ITS HIGH QUALITY TINT!!! OR POLARIZED GLASSES WILL MAKE IT LOOK LIKE COMPLETE UTTER SHIT

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
50% on my 95, really hard to tell.
scan0063_zps92f97c76.gif

GoingHaam

Established Member
I did a google search and found this... this is more of what im talking about below.....ive had 35% on my windshield (not vert) at one time and took it off because it wasnt dark enough... so i know Ford Fanatic at night, your tint is virtually invisble....

35%... I meant to go 20% like my DD but forgot which percent I had...
5% all around
Here is my DD with 5% on front two windows, 2% on the rest and 20% on whole windshield:
20121024_201440_zps7fbe2f94.jpg

20121024_195727_zps63315d63.jpg

Live in KY and work in IN... Never been pulled over and love it
Same thing on my 98:
IMAG0020_zps994805cb.jpg

20130207_204748_zpsedc5649d.jpg

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
I had 50% on my ralliart and really liked it. But not enough to do it on my next few cars.

My94GT

Established Member
Unless you go crazy dark you wont even notice. My truck windshield is 50% and it cuts down on glare but you cant even tell. Check my thread on here its 3 pages long about windhsheild tint

this, i have 50% on my truck as well.

musclefan21

Established Member
While windshield tint looks sick, it is a safety hazard. I don't like it,

T0RCH3D

Established Member
35% is best for day/night driving. 20% looks best and is best for day time driving only but is fine at night if you have projectors/HID lighting. Just get quality tint and you will be fine with whichever you choose, better have your PBA card ready. Officers notice the windshield tint and DO NOT like it.

spike_africa

Established Member
I have 15% all around with 35% on the windshield. It is perfect for a daily driver. You can see all around at night. Yet it cuts heat and glare out during the day. And at night just cuts some glare out without making it hard to see at all. I have a dark driveway and can back out at night without putting the windows down.

Users who are viewing this thread