Tinted windows

Cobraprinces

We luv Mysti!
Established Member
I have been looking around the web for dark tinted windows for the rear and the doors. I don't like the plastic add on tinting. I thought this might be a good place to try to find someone to point me in the direction of a web site or two that supply them.

Thanks

04TRCobra

KING
Established Member
are you saying that you want to buy windows that are already tinted into the glass???? thats what it sounds like...lol....i never heard of anyone doing something of the sort....expect to pay at least a couple grand or more if you want all new glass.???

im confused??!

why not just go get your windows tinted at a dealership or tint shop for 200 bucks that comes with a lifetime guarantee????????

ModsAway

Established Member
04TRCobra said:
why not just go get your windows tinted at a dealership or tint shop for 200 bucks that comes with a lifetime guarantee????????

Agreed, get it done at a reputable shop and forget about it. They are guaranteed for life because 99% of the time when done correctly you will not have a problem.

Cobraprinces

We luv Mysti!
Established Member
yep ... I am talking about putting in new glass that has the tinting in the glass like many OEM cars do. My main interest is that I have a 96 GT also and I need new glass for the doors and rear window. Partly due to the rear window having had the plastic film tinting and it bubbled. Since our cars have rear defroster panels that are applied to the surface of the window it is a garuntee that it will bubble and its a huge safety hazard as you might guess.

On my Cobra I would rather live with untinted windows than put that plastic film on after seeing how it behaved on the GT.

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
I got a metalic based tint on mine with a life-time warranty. If it bubbles up (ever) I can just take it back and ask them to make it good. The metalic based tints are not likely to bubble up like what you described. You can even get them to block UV and heat (which is great here in Texas).

ModsAway

Established Member
Doesn't seem like we are going to change your mind anyway so good luck with that.

P.S. I hope your username is not supposed to be princess with the first name Todd....

Cobraprinces

We luv Mysti!
Established Member
Well I still have to get new glass for the GT any way so I guess I will have to settle for the non 'smoked' type unless I find some I am will to pay for ... I am hard headed and tend to get a one track mind .. but I do listen to reason sometimes

as for the ID ... well getting a Mustang was the wife's idea .. its a long story ... up to 2 years ago I did not even know about the Cobra models being made ... we drove out to the nearest Ford dealership to look at GT's and the first one I saw had this snake symbol on it and I had to check it out ... an 03 Cobra ... when you get to 390 HP and see 35 k on the sticker there are no more questions to ask ... I bought the Cobra for my wife and she drives it every day and comes home a few times a week to tell stories about some dude that made the mistake of thinking ahh a woman driving a Cobra ....

So yea Cobraprincess is the right ID (its the one she wanted to use at cardomain) and when I figure out how to get a pic on my signature you will see a pic of her on the hood of our Mysti .. for now you can check out pics at cardomain.com/id/cobraprincess ... she can have pretty much anything she wants since she went along with getting a MystiChrome Cobra

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Uh, the rear is NOT guaranteed to bubble. I had a 98 Cobra that had 110K Washington State defroster used every day miles on it and not one ripple in the rear tint, and none to date on this one. Just setting that misconception straight.

Cobraprinces

We luv Mysti!
Established Member
smirking as I say this ... your obersveation has been noted ... its not a misconception on my part .. its what I believe about the nature of that type of tinting .. your experince is different from mine so I guess we will agree to disagree on this one

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
I would definately spend the time and money on new glass then! Sounds like a great idea to me.

ModsAway

Established Member
When you said on the hood I didn't think you meant ON THE HOOD :cryying:

Tell her to stick to driving the cobra and stop climbing on it :p
Just so you know I'm not picking on you I always crack jokes telling people to get the woman off the car. Take them home in the car but don't let them climb on the car.

Cobraprinces

We luv Mysti!
Established Member
03yllw ... I dont know where to look .. gonna check with the dealer and some glass shops next week ... I kinda thought that some folks woulda had that sort of thing done on their cars ... seems I am in the minority on this idea LOL

Mods .. yes on the hood ... its can handle it and no paint was scratched or dents added to the car .. like I said .. she let me have a MystiChrome Cobra so if she wants on the hood she gets on it LOL ... but I suffer great pai9n as the rocky roads in LA cause more chips and scratches that I care to think about

Users who are viewing this thread