Tinted Windows, How Dark ?

PONY MAN

Established Member
When I purchase a new vehicle, the first thing I do is tint the windows,if it isn't already done.
For those of you who have tinted windows, do you use the dark window tint on the side windows or do you stay within the required limit for tinting ?
Three of my cars are legally within tinting standards for Texas, my Stang on the other hand is dark tinted all the way around.
It just makes the car look sharp. IMO

Last edited:

sled

Established Member
i have 10% all the way around on my car in PA. i say screw it. i love tint and im not taking it off. ill take the ticket.
im putting 2.5% on soon.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Go to the Donut Shop and ask the cops, they are usually very helpful. As a matter of fact there is an active thread on that very subject.

Flooznie

Nuclear Reactor Operator
Established Member
In hawaii the legal limit is 32% or if you are ballsy, 29% if you really want to push it.

BlakHrse95

Established Member
I am going to try and get away with 20% all around here in Central IL. Around here it totally depends on the city you are in for legality/enforcement.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
20% is liveable, I think anything darker can be dangerous. Depending on color 20-28% is decent. Whenever I get pulled over, both windows are down, and in my stroker the sliding rear is open, just to give the LEO a better feel because of the dark tinit, and so they don't notice is as much.

RedlineNSX

Banned
ive got something like 5% on mine. it looks beautiful but watch out for night driving. it makes it really difficult....of course im too vain to take it off

zen

Established Member
I have the legal 35% on mine. Next time I'm definitely getting 5%

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
5% all around, looking to throw on 35%-50% on the front window. I like it dark, plus with the heat in the summer around here, it will help keep the fading out and the heat out.

Bill6050

Established Member
in NJ u cant have no tint on your side windows but hate not havin it i feel like im in a fish bowl with out. i got 5% all the around and the hole windsheild with lightest they had

Users who are viewing this thread