Tinted my rear lights, CHEAP.

resio.99

Established Member
My brother-in-law and me tinted them pretty easy. What we did was buy a can of spray paint black of course, or whatever color you want to use. You can even use your car's color if you can find it. At o'reilys they sell light transparent paint. But we found that regular old spray paint is just the same, only 10 bucks cheaper. Well what you do is take off your lights clean them up real good with soap and water. Let them dry, and start painting them a coat at a time. WARNING, Just don't put to many coats then you will not be able to see the light go through. Then install them back on and viola you have tinted lights. Took us about 30-45 mins to do this. And is alot cheaper than buying the cheap tint, or light covers for it. Hope this helps anyone who wants to tint there lights.

GEDC1228.gif

GEDC1229.gif

GEDC1230.gif

To everyone talking sh#t here is the car clean, & no I didn't do anything to them but wash them like I said they were dirty. Just hadn't had time to post up new pics, inner belt busted, then outer supercharger belt started to whining from all the coolant on them. So had to replace does two, then one of my dogs had pups, so i have been pretty busy. The light does go through for the ones saying it wouldn't. And as you can also see there are no 20's on here lol.

I just check and for some reason my first photos are off, I'll post them up before people get all a##hurt.
GEDC1265mk.jpg

GEDC1267.jpg

GEDC1272.jpg

GEDC1274.jpg

GEDC1276.jpg

GEDC1277.jpg

And I guess I made the mistake by polishing the blower to LOL, its all dirty and not polish right before people start saying stuff, took this pic right after the install.
GEDC1248.jpg

Last edited:

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
Looks like shit dude.

..and I hope you did not just ruin a perfect set of 99-01 Cobra amber taillights

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
99-01 Cobra Tail lights market value $250-300
1 Can of VHT spray tint $14.99
or 1 set of tinted overlays off ebay $30

****ing up a perfectly good set of tail lights by using black spray paint. Priceless

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
if those are 99/01 tails...punch yourself directly in the face for all us SVTP members.

Hodgepodge

Established Member
if those are 99/01 tails...punch yourself directly in the face for all us SVTP members.

I don't see an SVT Cobra badge on the decklid, so I'm thinking it is not a Cobra

edit: Hard to tell from pic 1 but exhaust looks like it has IRS. :nonono:

Last edited:

01cobrajm

Established Member
99-01 Cobra Tail lights market value $250-300
1 Can of VHT spray tint $14.99
or 1 set of tinted overlays off ebay $30

****ing up a perfectly good set of tail lights by using black spray paint. Priceless

x2 whats up with ricer's owning kick ass cars then ruining them beyond belief:shrug:

mach1197203

Dr Frankenstein
Established Member
:loser:
Damn even my wife laughed her a$$ off. She said that it looked like he washed the car and forgot the tail lights. What a duche bag. Well looks like the world is short one more pair of export tail lights. Damn.

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
While it currently looks like pure shit, it might not be so bad if you hit it with a coat of clear. Get rid of that dullness anyhow.

Sveet01

Established Member
Tinting spray dries to a gloss after a couple of even coats.

That does not--and that's why tint spray costs a few bucks more.

Users who are viewing this thread