Tint stripe across windsheild

Callaway Cobra

speeding
Established Member
ok guys i have been wanting to do this but im not sure want it would like like on a vert. Ive seen pics of coupes with the tint across the windsheild but have never seen it on a vert.
So if anyone has pics of it done on a vert that would be great if you would post them up plz..

Thanks...:beer:

Silver would be best...:rockon:

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
I don't have any pictures but everything I get tinted I have it done. I love it cuts down on the light coming in, makes the other windows look darker, and keeps the sun out of your eyes:coolman:

Nashvegas

Established Member
....meh...I just tint my whole windshield 50%. The strip draws too much attention IMHO becasue they are often illegal by state law...if the whole thing is tinted cops dont notice that and it gives your wndows a darker appearance and it looks much cleaner.

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
damn you really think so. I guess if would look kind of funny with the top down. Maybe i might just put cobra across it then:shrug:

Yea I don't think it will look good with the top down...and NO on the cobra sticker b/c everyone knows that what it is.

Callaway Cobra

speeding
Established Member
....meh...I just tint my whole windshield 50%. The strip draws too much attention IMHO becasue they are often illegal by state law...if the whole thing is tinted cops dont notice that and it gives your wndows a darker appearance and it looks much cleaner.

its illegal here. i dont think i could do that anyways.. Its to dark now in the morning going to work at 5:00 in the morning. lol

Last edited:

Callaway Cobra

speeding
Established Member
Yea I don't think it will look good with the top down...and NO on the cobra sticker b/c everyone knows that what it is.

True.. But some times i wish it was a sleeper car with not emblems or anything. I always get the v6 mustang and ricer guys pulling up next to me talking shit..:fm: and reving and acting all stupid...

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Six inch strip here..Not a vert though.

205366.jpg

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
Just do like ~50% on the entire windshield. Probably the only way it would look good on a vert. I think that is what I am going to have done to mine plus my rear window done. Right now I only have my side windows tinted to ~2.5%(previous owner did it, I had 15% on my last mustang and these are way darker than it). I don't think the 6'' stripe would look horrible on a vert, but I feel it would stick out more.

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
True.. But some times i wish it was a sleeper car with not emblems or anything. I always get the v6 mustang and ricer guys pulling up next to me talking shit..:fm: and reving and acting all stupid...

if you want a sleep buy a v-6'er. Don't pay for a cobra and then de-badge it. I wish I had a cobra I would be showing it off all the time..lol. I drive a stock 98 gt and I have civic's, minivans, trucks rev at me..i just ignore them.

Callaway Cobra

speeding
Established Member
if you want a sleep buy a v-6'er. Don't pay for a cobra and then de-badge it. I wish I had a cobra I would be showing it off all the time..lol. I drive a stock 98 gt and I have civic's, minivans, trucks rev at me..i just ignore them.

No i would never debadge it. Im just saying ... I ignore them. It just happens everday time in and time out. It just gets old..

ScubaTermi

Established Member
If you get it done ask for a custom visor that is even all the way across(not where it is thick on the sides and skinny in the middle) when its the same width it will look factory.It will have to be hand cut so look for someone who has experience and it will cost a little more.

Users who are viewing this thread