Tint question

T.O.Snake

Established Member
Planning on tinting my performance white 2010 GT500, and am debating between 35% and 20%. I obviously want the benefit of cooling the interior as well as good looks, but don't want to run into issues during night or rain driving. Anyone do 20% and run into any problems that made them regret it?

Also, wondering about rear window/windshield tinting. Is the rear window generally tinted the same as the sides, and maybe a very light tint on the windshield?

First time tinting a car, so thanks for any advice.

Oh, also planning on going with a shop that uses Lumix film. I notice they have a range of products, and haven't seen/priced any of them, yet. Anyone running Lumix who can tell me about the quality, and the different lines? Which would be the best choice?

DaFreak

Established Member
I just got this done on my white 2010 today (see pics in the last post of the linked thread provided earlier). I went with 30% and it's plenty dark. They had 75% for the windshield too but they couldn't do that today as they had other appts. You should definitely do that too. It's nearly invisible and provides 99% UV protection. I'll be taking mine back soon to get it done.

T.O.Snake

Established Member
I just got this done on my white 2010 today (see pics in the last post of the linked thread provided earlier). I went with 30% and it's plenty dark. They had 75% for the windshield too but they couldn't do that today as they had other appts. You should definitely do that too. It's nearly invisible and provides 99% UV protection. I'll be taking mine back soon to get it done.

Looks great, and my car's the same as yours, only silver stripes. What brand of film did you go with? And up until today, I didn't realize there was a 30% - all I seem to have seen from the reading I did was either 35%, or a jump down to 20%.

BOD89LX

Established Member
I have 20% on all of my cars other then my company cars , I just had 3m put on my 2012 GT500 and its a great product. I only did the top of the windshield but did it in 5%, for the most part the darker films all suck at night in areas without street lights and I just roll my windows down if I have to make a turn or pull out in a dark area.

Users who are viewing this thread