timing w/ Diablosport! what do you run?

silver02stang

Just a GT
Established Member
I have an '02 GT w cai & upper plenum, o/r x & magnaflow catback. i'm currently running 5 deg. additional timing (for a total i believe of 15 deg.) with the fuel richened 5%. i make sure only to run top tier 93+ octane and so far i have not had any problems. what do you guys run?

p.s. i'm using a diablosport predator.

ShapeShifter

Established Member
..dunno if this answers your question but i have Accufab TB/Plenum,MAC CAI,O/R H+SLP LM,and had the Predator can tune and experienced problems with bogging and idle surge...do or did you ever have problems like that with your tune from Predator?

eichisama

SVT Lurker
Established Member
Silver02 - I have a nearly identical setup on my '02, but no tuner yet. How happy are you with the Predator tune? I'm trying to decide between the Predator & Xcal2... Could you feel much of a difference with & without the tune?

silver02stang

Just a GT
Established Member
BeforeAeonsCame said:
..dunno if this answers your question but i have Accufab TB/Plenum,MAC CAI,O/R H+SLP LM,and had the Predator can tune and experienced problems with bogging and idle surge...do or did you ever have problems like that with your tune from Predator?

i just recently started noticing a little bogging... i have no idea even where to start looking. i've heard if the fuel is too rich, you could have a little bog, but w/out a a/f wideband meter i'm hesitant to change it.

silver02stang

Just a GT
Established Member
eichisama said:
Silver02 - I have a nearly identical setup on my '02, but no tuner yet. How happy are you with the Predator tune? I'm trying to decide between the Predator & Xcal2... Could you feel much of a difference with & without the tune?

the main reason i got the tuner was because i was getting an o/r x-pipe and gears. it was gonna run me about $160 for the speed calibrator and the mil eliminators so i didn't want to spend the money twice.

i didn't notice a huge difference initially, but i got the sense that i was running lean (may have just been in my head). i had read in magazines where "some" not "all" GT's were running dangerously lean w/ the addition of a CAI so i wanted to play it safe and get the tune. after i bumped up the timing and fuel i noticed a substantial difference. this next spring i plan on having a custom tune made for it when i get a 75mm tb and cams. a custom tune is the only way to change timing/fuel throughout the the throttle range as opposed to only being under wot.

Users who are viewing this thread