Timing tables

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
I'm starting to learn about the timing tables for the 03/04 Cobra. What is the best way to set them up? Should mbt and knock tables be the same?

For E85 can I just use the SCT race gas timing value file and insert it into the tables?

What should I pay attention to?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

decipha

Established Member
always best to simplify timing and dial in an actual spark table.

fords do not use a spark table they use multiple tables and modifiers so the value you see in a given table is pretty useless. A value of 20 can give 10 degrees of timing and a value of 10 can give 20 degrees so keep that in mind.

Yes you can use a race gas spark table on e85.

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
Thank you for the response. I'll be reading and learning as much as I can about the spark tables. Looks like from reading around that borderline & mbt spark tables should be the same?

01yellercobra

Established Member
I've always kept those tables the same when tuning. It's what an old tuner told me I should do.

Last edited:

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
I was hoping I didn't have to mess with them much. As of right now I have not touched them at all.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Honestly I probably spent most of my time on the spark tables. Getting those dialed in will really make the throttle response sharp. Usually I would make the changes in the borderline knock table then copy and paste to the MBT.

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
Honestly I probably spent most of my time on the spark tables. Getting those dialed in will really make the throttle response sharp. Usually I would make the changes in the borderline knock table then copy and paste to the MBT.
Good. So I can use the SCT race gas tables.... Keeping borderline knock and mbt the same. That should get me in the ballpark then fine tune from there.

Users who are viewing this thread