Timing retard questions

19984V

Established Member
Right now, im running -5º off my tune. Spraying a 75 shot, i dont feel the timing is right.

Any ideas what to take out for a 75 shot? 100 shot?

I feel like i could put another degree or two into it, is this safe? or should i retard more.

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
You can spray 100 shot with no tune and factory timing settings. Are you spraying a wet kit?

I'm not saying DON'T tune it, but I'm saying you don't necessarily have to tune it and you definitely don't have to pull any timing.

I put in a 255 fuel pump and a new fuel filter just to be safe, and am spraying a 100 shot untuned. Just make sure you use colder spark plugs (NGK TR6s) and run higher octane fuel- 93 if you can find it. :beer:

epracmetcon

Established Member
I pull 2 degrees on my car just to be on the safe side since it is my daily on 100shot. 5 degrees i would say is WAY overkill for a 75 shot. I would run -1 if you're worried about it.

19984V

Established Member
The reason i do feel i need to pull timing is because i do have a performance tune. Its tuned for the imrc deletes etcetc

Are you guys basing this off stock tune or an advanced timing tune?
My car has advancement in timing.

My plugs are TR6 @ 0.035

Last edited:

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
The reason i do feel i need to pull timing is because i do have a performance tune. Its tuned for the imrc deletes etcetc

Are you guys basing this off stock tune or an advanced timing tune?
My car has advancement in timing.

My plugs are TR6 @ 0.035
They're basing it off of your stock tune.

I pull 2 degrees on my car just to be on the safe side since it is my daily on 100shot. 5 degrees i would say is WAY overkill for a 75 shot. I would run -1 if you're worried about it.
What do you use to pull the 2 degrees, curious.

ZachSav

Ford Tech.
Established Member
for every 25 shot i generally pull 1 degree of timing, but thats not all that needs to be changed, just a heads up

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
Just my SCT handheld
I was asking epracmetcon.

And that is based off an already advanced timing?
Again, most everyone is going to be referring to the stock tune. I think most everyone with a handheld/chip get a separate nitrous tune anyway. If not, you'll want to pull the chip and/or reload the stock tune with your handheld.

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
I'm not familiar with the Xcal. But I want to say you can just turn the IMRC's off in the stock tune. If not you could probably get a stock tune without IMRC's in it mailed to you, depending on your tuner.

Users who are viewing this thread