timing question

anthonyg

Established Member
I got my tune from my guy in fl for my whipple 2.3. Car runs good but slightly detonates when I get on it. He told me to pull some timing. I'm using my predator sport to do this. I called diablo and talked to Garret yesterday. He was telling me that each has mark is 1* timing.
My question is does anybody know what the base timing on a STOCK cobra? I'm trying to figure out how much timing the car has now with my new tune. Thanks guys.

watman02

Established Member
I wantito say 23* ?? But with your im assuming stock internals 23 would be too much im thinking 19. Depends on boost.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
If you can hear it detonating I would pull at least 2-3 degrees out and take it to get retuned. Sounds like a few things could be off in your tune, find a reputable tuner and let him work his magic.

ctgreddy

Established Member
I wantito say 23* ?? But with your im assuming stock internals 23 would be too much im thinking 19. Depends on boost.

I just looked at that earlier and I believe you're correct, it's 22/23 depending on a couple things. But yeah with a whipple car I would say somewhere around 18 degrees is what i'd aim for assuming 93.

Users who are viewing this thread