Timing and Lambda

TorchRed3v

Established Member
Ive got a 2013 GT with LU47s, boss mani, longtubes with off road, and air aid. The car is on e85 I was wondering what kind of lambda I should be seeing at WOT and what kind of timing I should be reading in the datalogs so I can compare with what I'm getting. If you guys have any input it would be appreciated.

helloWorld

Established Member
I have been E-85 tuned by AED for a lot of months now. I did a WOT datalog back on the 31st just to see if everything is alright.

I have attached it here. Third gear. I believe measured lambda was 0.86. Timing maxes out at 31.5 degrees. AED says the datalog looks great.

View attachment 7-31 WOT.zip

TorchRed3v

Established Member
I'm at work right now but I'll get on my laptop when I get home and throw up the logs. Lambda was .82 I believe and car was seeing 29.5-30.5 degrees of timing from 5k to 7400 where I let out which seems right but I ran on of my buddies Cobras recently and another friends G8 and the car didn't seem too strong against them. I'm thinking maybe a bad batch of E85 but then again the station I filled up at usually tests around 85-88 consistently in the summer.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
I get 31 to 31.5 degrees on ethanol free 93 pump plus a booster. Zero knock. :).

I can pull a tad on my buddies 15 m4 with dinan flash and exhaust up to 120 mph. fyi.

Last edited:

jn2

Established Member
It's really going to depend on how your modifier and multiplier table are set for both lambda and spark. They operate on the same principle. They have a set modifier and set multipliers determined by ethanol content inferred by the ECM. These values are set by your tuner and are applied to your base spark tables(borderline).

I have mine set to tun .87 lambda at 85% ethanol and .83 on 10% ethanol. What the ECM will do is adjust WOT lambda based on that range. In my case it's .4. So say for example the car infers 30% ethanol, it will add add 30% of the .4. If it infers e70 it will add 70% of the .4. If it infers e85 it will add 100% of the .4.

As far as spark it's going to really depend on your location and IAT's. The stock IAT modifiers for 100*+ intake temps cut timing down a lot, so assuming the car is in motion with <100*f intake temps you should see anywhere from 28-32* of spark advanced assuming no Kr is detected and you are running a high ethanol percentage. I am personally seeing 28.5* with 100* ambient temps

Last edited:

JTS_7

Established Member
I'm at work right now but I'll get on my laptop when I get home and throw up the logs. Lambda was .82 I believe and car was seeing 29.5-30.5 degrees of timing from 5k to 7400 where I let out which seems right but I ran on of my buddies Cobras recently and another friends G8 and the car didn't seem too strong against them. I'm thinking maybe a bad batch of E85 but then again the station I filled up at usually tests around 85-88 consistently in the summer.

I do not see anything wrong with what you are seeing. Could ask to lean it out a little, although these cars seem to like the extra fuel.

What is your gearing? What are you shifting at? How fast do you shift?

TorchRed3v

Established Member
I do not see anything wrong with what you are seeing. Could ask to lean it out a little, although these cars seem to like the extra fuel.

3.31 gears shifting anywhere from 7200-7300 I would go higher but I'm still running on stock clutch and run into lockout issues in the Higher rpm. I would say I'm shifting fast but when I rev it higher I do slow down a little to make sure I hit the gear.

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
I wouldn't make that blanket statement. Depends on tuner timing etc. My car N/A picked up power going to .78 Lambda.

My car, pump gas, saw best power at .85

I trapped 95 in the 1/8th with the Boss/AirAid on the OP's car and an X pipe. On a tire.

Lund won't lean it out much. They wouldn't lean on my car much further than .85 on my old setup, which I can see why they do this, but it is what it is.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
That's strong for pump gas...even with a booster. Good work.

Thanks. I have logged a lot of gas stations, but VP Racing's Octanium is the the cats ass. Plus 80 points. Going back to straight 93 tune feels so lame. LOL. Been running it pretty much straight for over a year now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread