RCRAMIE

Established Member
Finally got to the track staurday.

13.88 at 102
13.85 at 103
13.88 at 102

60ft between 2.1 and 2.3

I HATE wheel hop.
The car would wheel hop on the launch and to walk it out at idle, on the shift to 2nd and on the shift to 3rd.

Bone stock down to the air filter and tires 01 vert. So now its time to figure out which way to go with the rearend. Keeping in mind that the car will see the dragstrip maybe once a month for test and tune nights, my wife drives it everyday and my goal is only 13.00 12.90 because I dont want to put a cage in it.

Do I go ahead and swap in a straight axle or do all the mods to the IRS and pray the halfshafts hold up? My plan is to get this thing to hook up and 60 ft under 2.0 and see what times I can run with it than slowy start with the bolt ons till the 13.00 range.

01 Venom

Established Member
If you only plan to run 12.90, dont switch out the IRS. A good sticky tire a good alignment and some other mild mods to the rear like bushings and a new cross brace and you should be ok

RCRAMIE

Established Member
Its a Vert.
Roll Bars
Unless otherwise required by your class:

Roll Bars required on convertibles running quicker than 11.00 - 13.99.
Roll Bars required on all cars running quicker than 11.00 - 11.99.

Roll Cages required on convertibles running 10.99 or faster than 135mph.
Roll Cages required on all cars running 10.99 or faster than 135mph. - One exception: full bodied cars running between 10.00 and 10.99, with unaltered firewalls, floor and body (from firewall rearward - wheel tubes permitted) can compete with just a roll bar.
Faster than a 9.99 you need a chassis sticker and have the car reinspected every 3 years.

According to that it looks like I need a roll bar already any Vert guys out there got a better Idea on what I need as for as saftey and at what ET

slonech

Dark Side
Established Member
what tires were you running... i had mine at the track a while back and had zero wheelhop issues running only eibach lowering springs and some nice wide goodyear eagle f1's (315-35)

RCRAMIE

Established Member
If not mistaken it has some regular old Goodyears on it. When I say stock I mean nothing done even has a Fomoco air filter.

Users who are viewing this thread