timeless battle of the ages: Cobra vs SS

Poisoned Pony

The Mach that Rocks
Established Member
hehehe, it's been awhile since I posted a kill. Unfortunately, it's crappy weather out here, but this AM, with the high winds, it dred up for the morning commute. Since I go opposite of the flow of traffic to work, I get to stretch the Cobras legs every morning. Now onward to the kill....

so I'm on this 4 lane, expressway type road, hot chocolate in the cup holder, heater blasting (Cali winter weather, brrr the 50's) listening to the sports talk am station when I hear a healthy roar coming from the passenger side. Of curse it got my attention and I look over to see a bright red '00+ SS. He revs again, so I respond back with a jab of the gas pedal. I point at the light and motion on green, he agrees. I bring up the RPMs to around 1700, awaiting teh green. I hear his engine climb as the turn lane finishes their cycle. Waiting........ set ........ GREEN!!!!GO!!!! I spin alittle out of the hole, as does he. I grab 2nd at the usual 7k and inch ahead every so slightly. 3rd gear brings his nose back to my side vents. At the top of 3rd, he gains alittle ground, but I still hold an edge. I shift to 4th, pull very little. It was a close one, but I edged the competition this time around. I coast down to legal limits, blimp the gas and give the "Verizon wireless" sign. I get the same in return as I returned to my sports morning show and hot chocolate.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
yeah it would be nice to be able to do that...yet here on a 4 lane HIGHWAY, we drive from 20-45mph...........

Originally posted by TK94Bird
Nothing like a little fun on the way to work to perk up the day :)

00 YEAH

F-Body Freak!
Established Member
nice run. :) you must have some good shtuff done to give an LS1 a run in 4th gear, those cars are 4500+ rpm monsters...

Cullen Wharton

END GAME!!!
Established Member
Nice kill... I must live vicariously through you now. The weather in the northeast is not as COLD as 50 degrees, it is only in the 40's................... :thumbsup:

Mowgli

Established Member
I used to live just north of elk grove.

Lets see, was this 99 or i5?

Poisoned Pony

The Mach that Rocks
Established Member
Originally posted by NotMyBFs91Z
nice run. :) you must have some good shtuff done to give an LS1 a run in 4th gear, those cars are 4500+ rpm monsters...

H-pipe, cat back, custom CAI, pullies, 4.30 gears, some quality time on the dyno with a chip and it's on a diet :)

Ruddenasty68

Established Member
Originally posted by Poisoned Pony
E.G.-Florin Road, it's been widen to a 4 lane street (2 lanes in each direction) :) I just moved here last year from San Jose. Yet another Bay Area transplant
Sounds familar. I used to live in Vacaville. Nice kill.:thumbsup:

RingTheory

Established Member
Good termination. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Green SVT
Chattering teeth in 50 degree weather. Thats downright histerical.

I hate temps below 70. I would love to live in Ecuador, but it is not yet a state of the USA. ;-)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread