Time to upgrade the fuel system? I received my 55# Injectors and MAF

Dominick32

BANNED
Ok guys.
I have brand new 55# Injectors and Harness's in my closet collecting dust.
Along with a Pro-M 92mm MAF calibrated for them possibly being ordered.
I am looking at installing these more as a safety blanket for my vehicle but do you guys think I can pull any more ponies out of the upper power band in my car?

This chart doesnt show it but I am really starting to run out of fuel @ around 5900 and above RPM. The maf is pegged and the computer no longer knows whats going on after 5 volts. Please note that my car hits 5 volts sooner than you guys think..hehe :xpl:

Installing these two items also means re-tuning my vehicle and putting another hard beating on my car for at least 5 to 10++ dyno pulls. So, I am also considering just saving the parts if/when I get an aftermarket blower.

Fuel pumps are not needed at this moment b/c we have tested the stock 03 cobra fuel pumps at Mustang Magic with perfect efficiency up to 586 rwhp or 568 rwhp(one of those numbers, I dont remember) so pumps are not an issue for me until the blower upgrade.

Also, please note that I took the Mafxtender off on the last tuning session b/c we were running tests on the stock fuel system @ Mustang Magic. We used my car as the guinea pig. So, now I have a completely stock fuel system and she seems to be running fine as you can see in this chart:

final.JPG

What do you guys think? Should I install and re-tune? Or wait until I purchase an aftermarket blower more on the lines of if its not broken dont fix it.

Thanks SVTP,

Dom

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread