Time to start modding.

FuriousGoldfish

Established Member
I have decided it is time to start modding my stock 04' Lightning. I have ~$1000 to do mods. I would like to lower the truck, but I'm not sure on what I should go with. Other than the drop I have no plans. Any suggestions?

sams99lightning

BOOSTED!!!
Established Member
id get a cold air or just a k&n filter. a 4lb lower and a nice dyno tune and your good to go! parts arnt cheap and a grand will go fast. check out the market on here to save your self some money.

SVT Knight

Established Member
Yea money goes fasssst as lightning, so just go with a pulley plugs and buy a tuner to get a good tune.

Think ive got roughly 8 grand in aftemarket goodies and still no built motor. But my favorite mods were the FTVB and 2in drop made it not look like a monster truck anymore. and an intake will open up that sweet sound:thumbsup:

inuswo

Hopeless SVT Fan
Established Member
  • Valvebody (I like the DMP VB)
  • Drop-in K&N and do the mod-your-stock-airbox-mod (cheaper and supposively just as good as the 300$ setups out there if you don't have a giant blower or pulley setup)
  • PCV Delete or oil sep Kit
  • 4# Lower, SCT Xcal & Tune
  • Drop Shackles & Springs with whats left

That should all fit in your 1000$ budget, or be damn close. It'll make for a completely different truck too.

Thats what I'd make my first mods to be anyways. Instead personally my stock heads took a heating and my second mod (First being the CAI) just so happens to be a fully built block with aftermarket heads/cams. Lol.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread